Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 69 Z and had to have my radiator recored. The guy doing the work took off the tag and gave it to me saying he was afraid to lose it. The problem is I don't know where it goes to put it back. Front, back, top, bottom or middle? The thing looks pretty fragile just a piece of tin too. And am I being a little insane for worrying about this tag anyway? I figure if I have it I will use it.

·
11,871 Posts
Bob, I always have seen them on the engine side an inch or two above the lower rad hose outlet. They overlap the tank, not over the fins.
Some seem to be just clipped on, others have been soldered. Maybe the soldered ones were from previous repairs. I'm not really sure.

Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, 3.55 posi too! Driver

[This message has been edited by KevinW (edited 07-12-2002).]

G

·
I agree with kevin, I have removed several for restorations and all were a couple of inches above the lower radiator hose.Just got a 69 X33 Z/28 very well optioned and unrestored and the tag is as described. I have never seen one close to the top of the tank.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all that replied. When I got it back I figured outwhere and how it went on. The pic that showed this was perfect. Now all I need is a good paint job! Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.