Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want (need) to upgrade my radiator in my 70RS. I've added many performance products, cam, headers,manifold, carb,etc. The radiator is the original 1970 model and the engine runs in the 'high warm' range in hot weather. Are there any recommendations out there on numbers of cores, aluminun, etc. for a new set up?

cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just went with a 23"4 row radiator and it works like a charm. Got it from Jim at Camaro Parts Network Inc in Berea, Ohio 440-234-1188. Cost around $200 ( you can get them from $180 to $230 new) but it was worth it versus the option of sitting in the side of the road with a 33 year old 2 row with steam comming out of it.

Aluminum might help if racing because it is lighter and the heat transfer is better, but if you are running a driver stick with the a stock layout and just increase the time the coolant sees cores by going to a 3 or 4 row.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matts70rs:
I want (need) to upgrade my radiator in my 70RS. I've added many performance products, cam, headers,manifold, carb,etc. The radiator is the original 1970 model and the engine runs in the 'high warm' range in hot weather. Are there any recommendations out there on numbers of cores, aluminun, etc. for a new set up?

cheers
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts