Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
If your radio area was not butchered for an aftermarket stereo, I would put a radio in. AM radios are fairly common. Several years of Camaro, Impala and Chevelle will fit, but Just 69 and I think 70 Chevelle/Camaro are the green color. Others are blue. The color is a result of green or blue paint on a prism at the end of the bezel, which casts the color onto the whold bezel. If you can find a good looking (and cheap) blue one, the bezels are available aftermarket, or you can find a rusty radio with a good green bezel, (cheap) and exchange the bezel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was able to find a very good remanufactured radio delete plate through a gentleman named Ron Normann at McHenry Classic Car Parts. He is located in Hebron IL. . Phone number is 815-648-1700. He's great to deal with, and will probably mail it to you if needed. I looked around for nos ones but gave up when they reached $250.00 or more. I think I paid around $115.00 for it.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
$250 for an NOS one is cheap!! I was thinking about using one about 5-6 years ago. I called on one in Hemmings, and was quoted $600.

I think radio delete is pretty cool. (actually it's a misnomer as radio was an option, so it did not get "deleted".....would a convertable be a "hardtop delete") However, since almost all cars got a radio of some sort (check CRG for figures) I would put a radio in, unless you have reason to believe your car never had one. I put no radio from the factory right up there with 3 speed on the floor.....pretty cool.

I had a 68 LeMans Sprint while in college, that had a 3 speed w/Hurst and no console. I wanted a 4 speed with console at the time, but now I wish I had the old girl back, just like it was when my parents bought it for me right off the showroom floor in the fall of 68. Two door post, red with white vinyl top and red interior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.