Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Classic Industries catalog they list a faceplate for aftermarket radios. They write that "you can get an original appearance while installing the aftermarket radio of you choice". Can I buy one of these and then just put in any radio? I'm not concerned with originality, I just want one to fit!

------------------
Cars:
68 RS/SS BB ragtop
63 Nova II ragtop
Club:
Camaro Club of Kansas City

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,703 Posts
I purchased one of these faceplates for my 68 and they work great. Be sure to call them and tell them what brand radio you have. There are two different post width openings (example, Kenwoods and Pioneer are different). Hope this helps.

130fe

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,703 Posts
I bought a Kenwood 3006 several years ago (2 post style with cd changer controls on it, although it isn't manufactured anymore.) The radio brand you get is personal choice (I have always had good luck with Kenwoods). You can try shopping locally (walmart, local stereo shops, ect) in your area or try the internet. One place online I would recommend is www.crutchfield.com , they have good customer service and have several 2 post radios to choose from. Shop around for the best deal though. Whenever you decide which brand to go with, just call Classic Industries and tell them which brand name you have so that you will get the correct faceplate. Hope this helps you out.

130fe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts