Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 camaro and am looking to put a stock AM radio in it. Will a radio out of a 68 Nova work? I can't find any pictures in my Camaro books. Any suggestions would be useful. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a stock AM radio in my '68 project car that will be coming out soon. Interested? If so, you can email me at [email protected]. As for your question, I have no idea. Sorry.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a friend who will give me a stock radio out of a Nova. The tuning knob is somewhat recessed where it mounts in the dash. I was just curious if it will work or not. I am just looking for a radio to fill the hole in the dash since the car will be used mainly for bracket racing on wednesday nights, thus will be used rarely if ever.

Steve R

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to hear an AM radio doin' 120mph with open headers!!! I'm putting in one of those Custom Autosound AM/FM Cass. that fit in the original hole. My ride (if I ever finish it) is a weekend cruiser. Good luck, dude!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need all the luck I can get. Seriously I just want want my camaro to run reasonble fast and be consistant. I will be happy if it runs mid to low 13's and doesn't break, ever.

Steve R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts