Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have installed my in my glove box[69 camaro]and I hate it. It,s hard to adjust and dangerous going down the road trying to adjust.I think I,am going to move mine.But all I did was cut just enough in the back of the box and the radio/cd player slides through and is tight and holds itself there,I mean if you do this and don,t like it like me, a new box isn,t but like 10-15 bucks.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I mounted a Sony Xplod in my glovebox last fall. Email me and I will send some pics if you are interested.

It is a wired remote, so I can change everything without opening the glovebox door or reaching for it....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Here are the pics... got them uploaded....

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
great job Steve
very neat like everything you do on that car.
presume you got the tag info. I sent the other day too on that 69 ragtop.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve that really looks good. What did you use for your support piece? Is it aluminum?
I sent a pic of mine to Bret Copsey & I'll get him to post it tommorrow, I haven't learned how to do it yet & my computer is so old & slow that it would take a week to do it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It is a piece of sheet steel.

I got the info, Jim... thanks as always...

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I made mine by cutting a piece of cardboard to the contour of the perimeter of the opening. (lots of trial and error. Then I cut a piece of masonite to form the back of the fixture, recessed just enough to allow clearance on the glove box door. cut out for the CD sleeve, and covered the whole thing with balck leather grain vinyl.
I got a CD with a credit card remote. I hven't installed it yet, so I don't know if it will be a pain. I know the door will have to be open to work the remote.

Some guys have rewired the removable face plate to be able to install just the face plate in a more accessable spot. Then you can hide it or remove it for shows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts