Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I manage to get the block of time to address my headlight issue, I'd also like to take a look at the radio. It's the original AM radio that is hooked up in conjunction with an original 8 track player. Its a 5 speaker set up

everything had been working great. The radio played until you popped a tape in, then the tape would play.

Now, the radio turns on (light comes on) but no sound

8 track works fine

well.....if the garage is real quiet and I turn the radio volume up, I can hear the faint sounds of talk radio.

does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there an amp in the radio that might have blown? it's a new speaker, so I'm ruling that out....
bad antenna? 8 track won't release priority?

I might add, that I just added A/C . It was a non air car, so it now has the duct work through out....but it worked fine for a few weeks after the install

thanks

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Could be carbon buildup on the volume control, some contact cleaner may help.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
You might have damaged that auto switch which turns off the radio when you go to 8-track, or at least might have loosened that connection.

A simple test by a audio shop or electronic buff could determine the status of your radio operation, eh?

Check for PM for additional info.

capt

·
Registered
276 Posts
Check to see if the AC install pulled the antenna plug out on the back of the radio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts