Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where the wiring for the white jamb wires go, in the 68 Camaro convertible. There is power at the lamps, but the ground is active. I have replaced the jamb switches.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I had a problem with the lights staying on as well. Mine turned out to be a light that was not properly in the housing. Make sure none of the lights are loose.

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kappers probably right, the door switches send a common to light it. If it comes out of the socket, it picks up the common from the aluminum mount. One of your door switches could need adjusting. just loosen the mount and pull the center out a little.

------------------
69 convertible
LT1 4L60E

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Many times when releasing my emergency brake, it knocks the courtesy light out of the bracket a little bit. This always makes the lights stay on even with the doors shut. It may be a ground issue or something.

I've been meaning to secure it in the bracket better. Sounds like you have the same problem.

------------------
68 Camaro ragtop, original 327, angle plug Camel humps, 202's, Performer, Holley 650 double pumper, Doug Thorley headers, 3-speed Saginaw, 3.08 posi, subframe connectors, Addco sway bar

http://hobbystage.net/camaro/cjkaram/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts