Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here is the dilemma
I currently have my original steel wheels with the dog dish hub caps. I thought it would be good to run the original bias ply with Firestone wide ovals. I drive the car much more than I thought and need to change to a nice looking period raised white letter tire. I also have a set of rallies that have BFG radial ta’s. And I am looking for something other than BFG’s for a different look to put on the steel wheels.
The size I need is 215/70/14 I really like the ROAD HUGGER RADIAL G/T has anybody run these or seen them on a 1st Gen.?
Thanks
67for/me

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:yes:, but I think they look as cool on a camaro.......
Just a quick chop for you 67for/me
They are nice looking:yes:

67for/me

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I'm assuming that you don't want to wear out your Firestone wide oval red lines, why when Coker is re-popping them?

And you have to remember that even tho Coker is modern re-popping them, that they will still wear like the originals will and that to me was like in say less than 20,000 miles at the most!!

If driven like we want to drive our cars EASY!!

This is why radials are now b/c they last so long, even when driven aggressively compared to the old bias and bias belted tires!

I want a modern L-60/14 like the ones I have up on the shelf out in the garage.

They measure a modern 298/53-14 but in at least a 16" if not a 17" rim size. They sure aren't 60 series tires by any stretch by me!

pdq67

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm assuming that you don't want to wear out your Firestone wide oval red lines, why when Coker is re-popping them?

And you have to remember that even tho Coker is modern re-popping them, that they will still wear like the originals will and that to me was like in say less than 20,000 miles at the most!!

If driven like we want to drive our cars EASY!!

This is why radials are now b/c they last so long, even when driven aggressively compared to the old bias and bias belted tires!

I want a modern L-60/14 like the ones I have up on the shelf out in the garage.

They measure a modern 298/53-14 but in at least a 16" if not a 17" rim size. They sure aren't 60 series tires by any stretch by me!

pdq67
My Firestone are Coker

They look great but drive like a brick this is why I am thinking a radial tire would be best. I hate to take them off but I want to be able to drive the car with ease. I was even thinking just black out on a 215/70/15 or a 205/75/14. The whole idea is to run my date coded steel rims and dog dish.

67for/me

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with a 225/70/14 RWL Road Hugger they are almost a perfect match in height and width. to a F/70/14 tire. I have the original F/70/14 spare tire and this size is dead on.
Thanks everyone

225/70/14
26.5" Diam
8.4 section width on a 5.5 rim

F/70/14
26.1" Diam
8.3 section width on a 5.5 rim

67for/me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts