Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is strictly personal preference. What do you guys think. Raised white letters or blackwalls out?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
IMHO RWL all the way.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
If sticking with stock rims etc white letters will be to 'busy'
If going to period mags, like crager ss (originally designed around '69 for the new muscle cars of the time) yeah complete the old school look with raised white letters

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be using the stock rims and hubcaps.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,593 Posts
Tough call....It looks "correct" with the whitewalls. I guess it depends if you want the tires to POP..er, stand out or not.:) Personally, I'm thinking blackwalls...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
RWL Rallys or Torque Thrusts. I'd put the hub caps in the closet. I know they are period correct, but the hubs and white walls scream 'grannys grocery getter'.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Evan, not to change the subject here, but for what it's worth I'd go with white letters, I am curious about the body side molding on the car. How is that attached, who put it on, how long ago. The reason is I have a 68 with all pristine original panels but it has the holes drilled for body side molding. I know it was not a factory option but if yours is from back in 68 can you post a close pic of it? Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
White walls were my first choice. I couldn't find any except some Korean made hankooks or something. Went to discount tire and he said there just aren't a lot of 14" tires with white walls left unless I went with Cokers and I didn't have the money for that. Also I have the 5" wide rims so I am very limited. New rims are out of the question for now.

And it was grandmas grocery getter, literally! She bought it back in 68.

As far as the trim, it's always been there as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
And it was grandmas grocery getter, literally! She bought it back in 68.
100% family owned is VERY cool. First one that I've seen on this site. :thumbsup:

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,178 Posts
I don't care for whitewalls... I vote blackwalls.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I'm not usually a whitewall/white letter guy...
But on your car, it's the only way I'd go.
What a great car for you to own, given the history.

Jim

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm in on the redlines.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
If you're keeping the original wheels and caps, then I would go with whitewall tires to be consistent. Have you considered Maxxis MA-1 whitewall tires? They've got a 215/70R14 size available with a 3/4 inch white stripe. Coker sells them for $93 each.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts