Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would it take to get my ride height slightly higher, so it looks more like the blue one below, rather than the red one. I know wheel sizes will play a part. RIght now I have 225/55/17 in the back and 225/45/17 in front. The rims are too big and tires to low profile, I know. But what else will it take? I have mono leafs, if it matters, but I suspect those will have to go, too?

The side view of mine isn't very good, but I think you can see what I mean when I say that it's a little too low slung.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Greetings from Arizona
Yours looks like it sits Higher then my 69...I put on drop spindles and it sits about 22.5 inches to the top of front wheel well and thats after I put in big block springs. I'm running mutli-leaf on back. Running 206/60hr15's front and 215'65hr15's rear. would like front end up about 1.5 to 2.0 inches. but I like the way it drives so havn't done anything with it yet. pictures on photobucket. VERY NICE CAMARO Jay

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings from Arizona
Yours looks like it sits Higher then my 69...I put on drop spindles and it sits about 22.5 inches to the top of front wheel well and thats after I put in big block springs. I'm running mutli-leaf on back. Running 206/60hr15's front and 215'65hr15's rear. would like front end up about 1.5 to 2.0 inches. but I like the way it drives so havn't done anything with it yet. pictures on photobucket. VERY NICE CAMARO Jay
Your multi leafs look really close to the height that my monos give me. So, it's clearly going to take more than multi leafs to get mine up... I'm just sick feeling like I'm going to bottom out every time I go over a railroad track!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Shoot, man. It looks good to me. What coils do you have in it now? Cheapest thing to get the fronts up would be some of those little spacers they make, next cheapest would just be new factory style coils. The rears look fairly close between the two to me but the JC Whitney three leaves are supposed to bolt right in and would likely give you a little lift if the original mono's are old although they could just be rearched at a spring shop.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot, man. It looks good to me. What coils do you have in it now?
Honestly, I have no idea. There's a good chance that they're OEM and very worn out. I'm fixing all of the stuff the PO didn't fix, and I don't think they got to suspension/steering except to install rack and pinon.

Cheapest thing to get the fronts up would be some of those little spacers they make...
Do you mean something like this? http://www.globalwest.net/1106.html

...the JC Whitney three leaves are supposed to bolt right in and would likely give you a little lift if the original mono's are old although they could just be rearched at a spring shop.
I know it's never going to ride like a Maybach, but will the multi-leafs give a smoother ride, at all?

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
I used one of those coil spacers you linked. Tip: If you have a spring shop nearby, buy them there. I got the exact same thing at my local spring shop for $6/ea. Also, you'll get approx double the lift for the thickness of the spacer, or better put, a 1/2" thick spacer will give you about 1" increased ride height.

On the rears, a front spring cup out of a Nova supposedly will raise the ride height a bit if you don't feel like doing a spring swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts