Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a 1" rake from back to front on my '67. I know this is a matter of preference, but is there a range for 'correct' rake heights, before things start to look a little ridiculous?

If you guys can post pics and list the rake height from back to front, might help those looking at spring and tire heights.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JCF. What rake do you have from back to front?

·
19,761 Posts
About 1.5-2" rear wheelwell lip is 28" front is 26-26.5 (90/10's don't always settle the same :eek: )
Need to re-check with the new front tires and LSx motor installed.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Mine has a very slight rake to it. It has 2" lowering springs in the front and stock PSC 5 leafs in the rear that I believe are actually more like an 1 1/2" drop !

I am happy with the stance, but probably could never duplicate it without using lowering blocks and/or trimming coils !

The car currently has P235/65R15 tires all around and will get a little more rake when I get larger rear tires.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Global west tubular upper and lower control A arms with QA1 adjustable front shocks.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
MIne is about 1.0 to 1.5 inches. I have hotchkiss rear springs and 255 60 15 tire in the rear and 235 60 15 in the front with hotchkiss springs...small block.

Many different views to see what it looks like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts