Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just order a set of rally wheels for my 67 camaro i have 15x7 in the front with a 4" bs and 15x8 in the rear with a 4.5 bs what is the max tire size that i can run in the front and the rear with out hitting. keep in mind that i want to put the tallest size tire in the rear and keep the front in prportion. if your looking for torq thrust 2 rims they are on sale on ebay take a look!
thanks
john

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
I run the same wheel size & have 235/60/15's on the front. (A little large but I don't rub.) In the rear right now, I'm running a 265/50/15. They don't really match porportiontly as far as height. The fronts look a bit taller. I had 255/60/15's on the rear and it looked allright. The 255 was taller than the front but not too much. The tire I had in the rear that matched the height of the front's perfectly was the 295/50/15 but I can no longer run them after changing the rear springs & dropping the ride height.

I really like the look of the 265 in the rear on 8" wheels right now so I'm going to drop a tire size on the front to match the rears & I should be happy then.
Hope this helped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm thinking of putting P275/60 R15 in rear & P215/65 R15 in front (15x8 rear/ 15x7 in front) '67 RS...any input on this ? 4"bs on all wheels

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Randy, my personal opinion is it would look out of proportion and detract from the design of the car, not to mention the "gear" change. I bought a 69 that had 255 x 60 x15 and 215 x 65 x 15 on 7" rallys and at the Autofare show in Charlotte, many club members commented the variance in staggered sizes looked out of place. I needed new tires anyway so I went with 245's and 225 on 8" Vette wheels. . . .got a lot of positive comments at the next show. Now I am more of a purest on these cars and the mechanical changes I make are minimal. The first gen Camaros are cool the way they are and I don't make them what they aren't. . . . .just an old guy talkin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts