Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of these will be one of the first Major things done to my car. i think im leaning toward the cowl hood because its cheaper than converting to a RS front end, plus the cowl hood is badass. what do you guys think? maybe another modification i should consider doing?

Matt

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Personally, If you do not have front Disc brakes. That is the first thing to add!

Then you cannot go wrong with either the RS or Hood. My opinion would be hood first. Because I think the '68 is fine without the RS.

TTFN
Mat

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will work on my brakes because they are drum front and back, and arent power brakes. i think i will get the cowl hood before i make it a RS front end. Im in my senior year of high school, and will be at college next year so my budget is limited

·
Registered
320 Posts
As far as the brakes, front disc are the best, but, if you are on a limited budget, just put on a power booster, it will increase stopping power by 3 times, at least, I did it on mine, what an improvement!!! You can buy one of the repo delco units w/o delco logo fairly inexpensivly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have 2,000 saved right now, and will probably earn around 3000 or 4000 this summer, so i think im going to get discs

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going to fix the transmission on my everyday driver. then after that i will start working on the camaro. although i did buy a copy of my license plate. my car has the original black plate but only in the back so im getting a copy for the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts