Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some 15x6 rally wheels and was wondering what they came off ? There is no stamping near the valve seal the only markings I can see are near the wheel stud holes which are GM , ROK , 4 they have tyres on if I get them removed will there be any markings there. They are painted with a heavy coat of paint so is there any where else that I should look for codes? Thanks Shane

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
They could be early Z-28 wheels. If you pull the tires there will be a date code on the inner wheel.
Make that "very valuable" early Z-28 wheels. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a tire off a rim and found the numbers (6? 0 JK-15 ROK) then a circle with an arrow in it and the numbers (2 68 3349).
I gues it was made in feb 1968 but I don't know what they would be off ?
I might try and clean up the front more and see if I can find any other codes.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
There were at least 5 styles of 15x6 ralley wheels used on 67-68 Z-28's (and other cars) . You need to find someone that has Jerry MacNeish's Camaro book that explains all the variations.

Jerry's web site http://z28camaro.com/

Of course it is always possible you have some later reproduction wheels, but I doubt it since there is a GM marking on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Jon, I will have to try and get hold of a copy , I was told all aftermarket rims were riveted and these are welded so Im pretty sure there original hopfully someone else out there might know what they are?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts