Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 Camaro RS conv. with original disc brakes. I am looking for corvette style rally wheels stamped early 69 YJ. I am looking for a full set. Does anyone know where I can get a set from? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Hugger1

Could you please tell me what the date is on those 14x7 YJ wheels? Are they for sale? Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
480 Posts
hey Mike , I'll have to climb up in the loft tomorrow and check. the chances of them being close or the same is LOW .
i had one YJ and later found another one at a swap . been looking for another pair but havent found any yet .

I will check and let you know .
JC

·
Banned
753 Posts
Corvette Rally wheels from 1969 are 15 x 8 with 4 inch backspacing. Will work if yoiu keep your tire size no bigger than P22560R15. Anything else will rub in certain conditions. You need to decide what size wheels you want. Camaro rallys came in 14 x 7 and 15 x 7.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hes not looking for 15in wheels . he's looking for the CAMARO 14x7s .
i think he said corvette ralleys just because thats what a lot of people call that style.

i have a full set of AZ 15x8 Corvette rallys as well but he did ask about YJ which are 14x7 with 4 3/4 backspace .

heres off the Ralley wheel code page :
YJ 14X7 B-4 3/8 69 Camaro/ Chevy II L72- ZL1, 70 Nova

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
Those ones in the classifieds are not 69 dated wheels. They are 1989 dated wheels.

·
11,296 Posts
Mike, first off, wheel sizes were not an option, you only got the wheel size that was standard with the package ordered. So if you have an RS, without a wheel option you received 14x6 rims in steel/dog dish caps. If you ordered Rally wheels on your RS, you received 14x6 rallys. If you had drums, you got a rally that fit a drum brake, if you ordered discs, you got one to fit discs.

The YJs that you are asking about came only when the SS package was ordered. So looking for dated YJs for your car (that would not be correct anyways) is not ideal.

Also, early 69 dated Factory 14x7 YJs (I assume you mean Jan/Feb/March 1969), are highly sought after for pace cars, so they are rare and pricey.
What you should really be looking for are XG rims, which are Rally wheels for Disc brakes 14x6 Base (which will be correct for your RS). And they should be more reasonably priced :)

The tire that most closely matches F70-14 is the 215/70R14, which can be mounted on a 14x6 or 14x7 rim, so you will end up with the same tire and rally wheel look you are going for and will fit your discs. Luck on the hunt!

PS, if you look at my 69 vert (Jinx) photo link below, you will see 215/70R14 tires mounted on 14x6 XN (drum only) rims. And you would be hard pressed to see a difference between them and an expensive 14x7 YJ rims :D

http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#Wheels

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i am interested in the YJ rims but not the tires. I have a nice set of F70-14 redline polyglass tires waiting for the right rims. Can you let me know the rims would be with shipping? I'm on Long Island.

Thanks for your time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts