Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
He, He!!

Just think, a little ol' 327 running 12.9!

Just like what the guy said that I got my car back from years ago!!

GREAT!!!

pdq67

·
Registered
87 Posts
actually, I changed from traction bars to cal-tracs on my nova and it didnt pick up but .005. went from 1.65 to 1.60. I guess it just depends on all your other suspension and tire.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
What is your engine package ? What cam are you using ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
If it were me I would go with the cal tracs. They are the best no doubt about it. If you want to get serious. Buy the matching springs and a great pair of shocks Afco's or equal. We built a couple of high powered Camaro's and set them up this way with 10.5 slicks and get 1.29 60 ft. commonly. I have a couple of sets of slapper bars that I no longer use and I plan on putting them in the swap meet this year. If you want to go that way I will give you a sweet deal. Good luck Sal

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The 67 has a different shock upper mount location then the 68-69 cars for this very reason. Staggering the shock upper mount location helped (along with multi-leaf springs) and if I recall, there was even a factory traction bar that helped fix this problem.

Cal-Tracs would be nice, but a set of properly adjusted traction bars will eliminate the wheel hop and help plant the tires.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it were me I would go with the cal tracs. They are the best no doubt about it. If you want to get serious. Buy the matching springs and a great pair of shocks Afco's or equal. We built a couple of high powered Camaro's and set them up this way with 10.5 slicks and get 1.29 60 ft. commonly. I have a couple of sets of slapper bars that I no longer use and I plan on putting them in the swap meet this year. If you want to go that way I will give you a sweet deal. Good luck Sal
sounds good. Im gonna check around for some cal tracs but ill send ya a pm if i decide not to go that way, thanks

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I agree, traction bars are not outdated. They work just fine for certain performance levels -- IMO they are fine for most 12 second cars. Some even run them faster -- I run SSM lift bars and am in the high 10's and they work just fine (very similar to traction bars).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts