Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just fanning through my "Deals on Wheels" and I came across an ad for a 68 camaro with "original 2 speed powerglide and rare column shift". The 68 Camaro I bought has a 2 speed and a column shift. I want to go to a 350THM and a floor shift!! Is the column shift really that rare or are they just saying that?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also have a column shift with a powerglide. I'd say they are rare, but probably because nobody wanted them! Most people paid a little extra for the floor shift and console.

I doubt that having a column shift makes a car more valuable. Six-cylinder cars are rare,too, but they aren't worth as much as a car with a desirable 8-cylinder engine.

·
Registered
304 Posts
what about a "three on the tree". my 67 was a three speed stick on the column ,now it's a 4speed floor shift,is that column worth any thing ,I'd like to change ir to a floor shift column to get rid of the shifter arm connection?

------------------
camaro's for ever!!! :D
67 327 11:1 4spd.
70 454 400thm 10 posi
my 70 454 camaro

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think convertible is right, they are rare because no one wants them. The console was only a few bucks more, and many that had the column shift originally converted to floor shift.

I like my column shift -- had to have it since I have the bench seat

·
Registered
460 Posts
A couple years ago at a swap meet I picked up a 69 dash cluster that had the center clock. Instead of having the 1 inch by 3 inch ribbed section at the bottom of the lens, it was clear and had the shift pattern for the column shift. I thought that was rare. Cluster with center clock but also column shift too with all the wiring still attached. Its the only 69 setup like that I have seen

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 68 327 plain jane with 2spd Powerglide on the column. I think everyone is right. There rare becuse no one wanted em...I mean how cool can you look starting a race by shifting through the column....my .2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts