Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While digging through my 69 stuff I came across a part that was takin off the dash support. It looks like some sort of heat sink with fins on it. I looked in my 69 assembly manual and found it on page 431 UPC U57 A4. It is listed as GM# 7310461 Convector & lead asm. Is this part just for tape players (8 track), or was it also installed in other options? My 69 didn't have any of the original radio stuff when I got it back in 1988. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
If it was screwed to the dash support just above the flasher assembly to the left of the radio and has a 6 pin plastic connector at the end of an 18" long cable assembly, then it is the heat sink for a console mounted 8 track player. If it was screwed up behind the glove box with two bolts that go into the cowl area and has a cable with a connector that looks like the bottom of an old radio tube, then it's part of the multiplex ampliphier setup. The multiplex amplifier is alot bigger than an 8 track heat sink, and looks more like a 1/2 scale radio without the front face. By your description of it's mounting location I would say it if the heat sink for the 8 track.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Too bad the car still didn't have the original stuff to go with it.

Yes it is the heat sink for the console mounted tape player.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts