Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least I hope they are rare!
For the lovers of the odd, I found this converted third gen firebird for sale in my neighbor hood. Kind of looks like a Magnum PI Ferrari.
Anyone ever seen one before?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found one on Ebay Australia, here is the description:

This car is actually a Machiavelli Max. It was built by the Henderson Motor Corporation in Florida USA.This reproduction of the Ferrari GTB is so close to the original design that the Ferrari attorneys forced the Henderson Motor Corporation to stop making this car.This is NOT A KIT CAR. Machiavelli purchased brand new Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams and then blueprinted the V8 high performance engines, had Herb Adams (who did the suspension on the original Cobra's suspensions) rework the Trans Am suspension. Then the Ferrari designed type body was installed on the Trans Am chassis by trained craftsmen. The front end is steel except for the bonnet, which has original Ferrari steel air intakes. The entire rear end is steel with the exception of the rear hatch, which is fitted with steel Ferrari engine air vents. The front and rear bumpers are original Ferrari equipment. The car is fitted with burled walnut dash and Recaro tan leather seats. The transmission is General Motors 4 speed automatic with overdrive. The wheel are 16 x 8 aluminum. The car is FULL POWER: steering, brakes, seats windows, door locks, delay wipers, am-fm disk player, cruise control, 2 rear fold up seats, electric trunk lock and release, electric adjustable mirrors, glass targa-top removable roof and the list goes on and on. PLEASE don't confuse this automobile with the little Fiero fiberglass kit cars.This is a FACTORY PRODUCTION AUTOMOBILE installed on a brand new General Motors chassis. When Machiavelli sold these cars in the late 1980s they cost over $35,000 and they were sold with a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty from General Motors on the entire drive train. The price includes WA rego and at less than half the cost of a 308.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
James: that ad in the trading post is misleading. At the top it says: Make: Ferrari
sure it says "Look alike" down further in the listing, but if it didn't come from Ferrari, it's not a Ferrari. I don't care if Ferrari parts were put on or not. Frankly, the first thing I'd do is take the Ferrari badges off the car and call it a kick-butt Trans-am.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a $15,000 body kit that was put on 82-89 camaro and firebirds, it was from a company in Floridia and the kit was called Machavelli, I have this kit on a 82 firebird, it was very rare, only about 50 were completed as factory models...
MANTA

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oddly enough, I happened across another one of these cars on ebay, and it's in the same town. This one is in mint condition and ultra low miles from a collection. It's like a time machine back to 1985!

Check out the sellers other items, its a collection of odd stuff from the 80's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Trans-Am-MACHIAVELLI-/401011998303?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5d5e2d7e5f:g:my8AAOSwA4dWIXGN&item=401011998303

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): JM1FC3323H0151894

Another odd coincidence, todays date is:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts