Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got great advice on pulling my motor and trans a few months ago, and went great. Now my new 350 is almost done at the machine shop, and will be installing the motor and 4 speed at the same time in my 1969 Camaro. Questin is, I have a set of Hooker Comp headers, NOT SUPER COMP. Is it easier to set them in then lower the motor, or install the motor, and then slide the headers in. Fitment should be ok, as I do not have power steering and the headers a very slightly used and are already pre dented to fit. Just want to know before I get to this point. Thanks, Jerod

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I would say after the motor is in. Less stuff hanging off the sides of the motor to hit other stuff.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I second that. Put the headers on after the motor/trans are in. Passenger side header from the top, driver's side from the bottom.
I just installed my 383 and TKO600 together. I put the rear high on jack stands and left the front wheels on the ground. Worked like a champ.

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
I set/wired my headers in the engine bay and then installed the motor.
That's what I did too.
Plus I laid a towel between the headers and inner fenders to protect the coating on the headers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts