Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my rear spoiler off of my 1969 SS Camaro Coupe. My Camaro was orginally Cortz Silver but now has black paint. I have owned the car only one year so I have no idea of its past life.

The under side of the spoiler is Rally Green. It has overspary of Silver around the edges. The two lips that are exposed on the side are black to match the car. I removed a little metel cover on one of the lips and the spoiler was white under it (unpainted). I am thinking this is a spoiler off of a Rally green car, but the silver overspary is what is confusing. What do you guys think?

Also I one of the steel lip covers was missing. Is this part avalable aftermarket. If not has anyone had any good results from a Aftermarket rear Spoiler supplier. Thank you.

------------------
69 SS

·
Registered
285 Posts
My guess is the spoiler came from a rallye green car as you suggested. When a former owner repainted your cortez silver car, they added the spoiler, hence the silver overspray. Later your car was repainted again, black this time. Just a guess.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I bought a trunk lid and spoiler on Ebay from a Jackass named Johnb2816. When it got here the spoiler was broken in two. He wanted to Scam UPS and make them pay for it but I told him it was not packed right and i would show the pics to UPS of how it was packed. He agreed to send me another spoiler but never did. I left him a Bad feedback but then he just lied and left me one. Anyway the spoiler is junk but the tin plate you need is OK. I can send you one. Or you can just buy a whole new Spoiler from Chevrolet, they are still available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts