Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of pulling out and re doing the entire electrical system on my 69 Nova. I'm eliminating the entire stock gauge panel and replacing it with all autometer gauges. The wiring system on my nova was a POS when i got it and I have a bunch of lose grounds so I keep blowing fuses. I wanted to get one of those painless wiring kits and fuse box to redo it with. The car is pretty much a track only car but still must be street legal with working headlights, tail lights, and blinkers. I do not have a/c, heater, windsheild wipers, nor radio. Since I am riping out and eliminating the entire stock gauge panel, can I rip out a majority of the wires underneath the dash running to it? I just want to make the wiring on this car as simple as possible. any suggestions?

------------------
1969 Nova
400sbc th350 3500stall
12 bolt & stripped :)

·
Super Moderator
32,526 Posts
You can do anything you want to do, but, as you go along, make a diagram of the wiring installed. It will help out later when you forget how it was wired.

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
15,370 Posts
If you're going with a Painless harness for the inside/dash, it'll all come out anyway. That is if you get a complete harness. Just don't use the heater, radio,a/c,windshield wiper, cigarette lighter, etc. wiring. Once you're done installing everything you want to wire up, remove the unused stuff from the harness, or cut it short and terminate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts