Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 RS, looking to restore and 1 item is to replace the wiring harness. Everything works but due to the age and some splicing I thought it would be beneficial at this time. The original harness for front to back seems to be very expensive. I have done my 63 and 64 Corvette for ½ the cost of the Camaro. I have noticed that there are some aftermarket harnesses for a lower cost. Any experiences or recommendations will be appreciated. Would like to go original but not opposed to aftermarket. What harnesses are the best?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If you go aftermarket, you'll usually get the new blade-style fuses, so it'll be obvious it's not original. If that's not an issue for you, American Auto Wire makes a great kit that's around $550. I believe the harness for the RS headlights adds about another $100 or so to that number.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
If you go aftermarket, you'll usually get the new blade-style fuses, so it'll be obvious it's not original. If that's not an issue for you, American Auto Wire makes a great kit that's around $550. I believe the harness for the RS headlights adds about another $100 or so to that number.
X 2 on the Autowire Kit :yes:

·
Retired
26,695 Posts
A '68 has vacuum accuated headlight doors, what other wiring differences are there to warrant $100 more for RS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts