Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this complete short block last week and wanted some opinions on the stampings being real or not. I believe they are real factory stampings but looks like the guy at the GM plant was playing around and stamped it three times with the same Vin number. The block does not look decked and has some pitting and the vertical broaching. It was complete with 6764 crankshaft, original camshaft, pistons, rods, oil pump, oil pan with windage tray, timing cover and factory timing chain. The block also has MO and 302 on both sides of the block. Any help would be appreciated. I'm 99 percent sure its real but it never hurts to hear from some knowledgable guys. Stamped V0308MO and casted date looks like B 21 7 or B 27 7.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone post the pics if I email them to you?

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Hey Dave, see the link in my signature on how to post pictures. Sure someone can post them for you if you email them, but in the long run it'd benefit you to be able to do them yourself my friend.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Dave, see the link in my signature on how to post pictures. Sure someone can post them for you if you email them, but in the long run it'd benefit you to be able to do them yourself my friend.
Thank you Sir. I'll try not to computer savy.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris,
Your link in your signature did not work.

·
3,405 Posts
Dave,
Just do a reply to this thread, not a quick reply, then scroll all the way down the page and you will see the option to "manage attachments" That is where you can upload pics.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Dave, I'll host them for you and post them up if you want to email them to me. Just click my user name and select "send email" and my email address should show up.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here are some pics....not sure if I did it right.

·
Registered
634 Posts
it worked!!! however i have no idea if those stampings are correct or not....

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was told from two guys that I know that they have seen this before. You can also see 302 underneath the MO paint markings on the side of the block. I tried putting other pics but was unable.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts

·
Retired
16,013 Posts
Lets toss this into TAG section... great pics for discussion there. :)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Looks like whom ever stamped that block had just come back from a 3 (4?) martini lunch.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just the O is double stamped in the MO.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts