Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
It's a late production (1st week of Nov 69) by the cowl tag. The POP date showing the orig owner took possess 11-7-69. I don't follow the numbers that closely, being a copo could the car have been delivered to the owner the same week it was built?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
This car is the infamous Reggie Jackson clone that was built around a trim tag removed from a junk yard car by Rick Dwyer. It was "made" sometime around 1990 and Reggie bought it not long after that. He did not know it was not original at the time, he sold it in 95 or 96 as a cloneand it has been floating around ever since. Its been through the hands of such people as Dennis Tuttle, Golden Classics in NJ. The car seems to collect more original components everytime it comes up for sale.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/38917/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Amazing. I spoke to this dealer on the phone the last time it was listed and emailed him the threads on yenko.net about the car. I think I even gave him contact info for the guy that sold it for Reggie. Now someone has produced and aged a protecto plate. At some point in court proceedings he will figure out it is not worth it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
forget the camaro, check out the Miata he's got for $4195.00!!! grrrrr baby!
i have a hard time paying over a quarter million for a house, much less a car....but i'd like to drive a light weight camaro with that much motor at least one time!!
mike

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Wow, so that is what burnished brown looks like. It's better looking that I thought. The 1969 I currently own was burnished brown originally. My old one was Cortez silver.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Whats with the "elepant ear" remarks?
Is he refering to the hidden VIN's on the cowl?
Never heard the term elephant ears, is that what we call tulip panels?

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Isnt there also a ZL1 (#51?) that Reggie owned, with similar circumstances?

Not pointing a finger at Reggie or anything, but just coincidence maybe?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Its so freakin crazy these days its hard to believe any auction anymore. If you guys are saying that COPO is a clone...then that also brings into question that Cuda hes trying to get 900k for. Its very depressing that a lot of the hobby has come to this. And, every time i see a Mopar on the block for 1 million plus it never ceases to amaze me. Except for your true Mopar enthusiasts you could barely give those cars away 6-8 years ago.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'd also like to see the "elephant ear" on the passengers side inner fender where the VIN is stamped....didn't know they stamped VINs in fenders. :sad: What a crock of $hit....

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
I couldnt stand it so I shot off an email to him, now he emailed back and wants Jerry McNeishes contact info. seems he's a bit concerned now ;)
I asked him about what elephant ears are too.

Here is his email to me:

The partial VIN under the heater box (which is not there because this car appears to be a heater delete) is the same as the windshield last 6 numbers.

If you will give me Jerry McNeish's numbers, I would be happy to talk to him. I want to find out the truth about this car and there are real experts on both sides of this argument who insist, as you do, that they are correct.
let me know,
thanks
Craig

1 - 20 of 29 Posts