Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE BEEN A CHEVELLE PERSON AND FOUND A 73 CAMARO COWL TAG HAS Z28 STAMPED IN IT DID GM PUT THIS IN THERE 70 THROUGH 73'S HATE TO SOUND STUPID BUT MAINLY PLAYED WITH CHEVELLES ALL THE TIME, IS IT REAL? NEEDS RESTORING BUT ONLY HAS 66,000 MILES WHATS IT WORTH?

THANKS DUANE

[This message has been edited by duane (edited 10-27-2001).]

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome Duane!

In addition to my '67 Camaro - I have a '66 El Camino (so don't be afraid to mention the Chevelle side)

Yes, the cowl tag on '70 to '73 Camaros had the Z28 on it....

For a GREAT 2nd generation Camaro site try http://nastyz28.com/2gcog/

For value - I'll plead the 5th - just like Chevelles you have to consider options (Z helps a lot), original drivetrain?, rust?, etc. if you can document for sure the mileage - that is a big plus -

Maybe someone in the 2nd Gen group will venture a guess....

------------------
Steve
My Cars

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The 5th digit of the VIN is the engine and that will help verify it's a Z28. What's the first half of the VIN?

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
The two second gen cars I've owned a 72 Z and a 74 LTZ both had Z28 on the trim tag.
Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
Norwood Built cars had Z28 on the Trim Tag, LA Cars did not (pertaining to the 2nd Gen Cars).

Bob R

------------------
1973 Z28 Original owner
1971 RS Z28 in Restoration

1 - 5 of 5 Posts