Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you switch to a solid roller cam, aren't the stock length push rods too long or too short ??? This question is for a 454 BBC ..... Does anyone know the correct push rod length that should be used ???? The stock length ones will not work right ???

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would think that it would be a good idea to install all your parts, then measure for the correct length pushrods. Kevin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the problem is the guy that built my engine screwed me over and took for ever to build it.. So i made him give me my engine because i was tired of waiting on him ... I got the engine back with no push rods or roller rockers .. I remember him telling me the stock length push rods were either too short or too long, but i cant remember which .. I've never built an engine and do not know what to measure to determine the correct length ... The engine is completley put together accept for the push rods and roller rockers ..

I figured someone has switched to a solid roller cam before on a BBC and knows what length of push rods are needed ?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Have you called your cam manufacturer for advice?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i havent .. I didnt think about that ... I will give that a try and see what they have to say .. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Each engine can be different. It depends on deck height. Get an adjustable pusrod and mock up the intake and exhaust to be sure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thats what crower told me to do when i called them .. With the adjustable push rod dont i have to bump the engine over until the top of the push rod touches the roller tip on the roller rocker ??? Is that how u get the right measurement ??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy that built my engine told me that this is the push rod size i'll need 8.380'', +.100'' Intake, but wouldnt i need 2 different sizes?? One for the intake side and one for the exhaust side ?? I've never had to do this so please excuse my ignorance..

[ 01-25-2005, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: TXZ28 ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts