Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok need to replace my quarters due to a Fiberglass flare job / COVER UP!

Ive read plenty of posts and heard 80% quarters dont fit that well but money is my issue but time is as well.

Questions about the 80% --

I know it goes all the way from the doorjam to the rear panel and trunk, but how far up does it go? I know it stops someweres around the sail panel but does it go all the way to the trunk lid?

The 100% --

I know its a pretty big task but basically cut the spot welds and get the old one out, the biggest part to get fitted is prolly by the door jams correct due to the fact Im leaving the jams in, so should we just butt the corner together were the two meet.

And obviously these go all the way to the trunk so ill have to reinstall my trunk lid for fitament issues.

And how does the 100% 1/4s cost 250dollars more then 80% ones, aside from having the door jam and sail panel? is there some structural steel behind that or what.

And since the size of these 100s are an issue do they charge the truck freight fee twice to have them delivered? And does having them shipped to say a place of business like my work make this cheaper since we have a high lo being able to unload?

Thx for your time

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump..

Still going nuts on what to deciede to get for replacements, I want it to be as easy as I possibly can so if that means full quarters over 80s then i guess I go that route..

but.. for the door jam do you guys just cut along the edge were the quarter breaks inwards 90* to the door jam and just but weld the corner?

Also once quarters are off how hard is it to get the roofskin off?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump -

Ok Ground up has both Full quarters and 80%'s by Goodmark.

The 80 says it goes to the tail pan and to the door jam - the door jam and sail panel but also goes into the traun weatherstrip area.

So Im guessing that the panel stops someweres around the bottom of the sail panel making say only a 1.5-2 Ft Butt weld there?

I dont really need the door jam and the 80s are about 200 bucks cheaper although they are running a sale since they have so many 1/4s and are adding a 10% discount on there inner and outer wheel wells when u buy quarters.. but they seem to be a lil more pricery then others of course you will be screwed on shipping just to order those someweres else.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what does everyone do for the doorjam area? im leaving mine in just cut on a corner so the seam is on an edge?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
welding on a corner can be tricky when it comes time to grind. Its probably easier to hide the weld in the jamb for the beginner. When I put 1/4 skins on I stay away from the edge about 3/4"

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx brian, do you know what company made your 80% and on a 1-10 How do you rate the install? Including fitment and what not, I know they are just a stick on but from your pics you seem to have got em to work pretty dam good.... and btw dont those go all the way to the truck weatherstrip? and u just cut them?

Thx

·
Registered
70 Posts
The one thing that I wasnt happy was with the small area that comes down the tail pan area , the angle was different between left & right side (it would by the small upper area above tail-light)

scale of 1-10 =7

As with anything it takes time & you have to get a little creative !

I dont remember how much i cut off trunk area
I think they were good marks
Sorry for not remembering it was over a year ago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts