Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake guru's,

I'm plumbing my 12 bolt big car axle right now, I've converted to disk. The calipers are 85' Eldorado with 80' TransAm rotors.
I'd like to 3/16 hard line it right to the calipers, instead of using any flex lines, with a double loop at the end to allow the caliper to slide.
My problem is the caliper uses a banjo bolt and crush washer type fitting, obviously I need to end my hard line with a double flare and a male flare nut.
Is there an adapter that you know of to allow me to bring a 3/16 hardline right to these calipers?

Any ideas?

You can see the spot on the caliper where the line is to meet it. It's the green plug.

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes. There are adaptors that are used. My '79 Seville calipers used them and I grabbed them with the calipers at the pick N pull. They are rectangular brass blocks drilled for a banjo bolt and the side is tapped for the flared tube. You may try to find them at a large parts store, dealer or the yard.

TTFN
Mat

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mat,

No luck on the adapters you mention. The banjo bolt on my calipers is Metric as well. 10 x 1.5.

I've just gone ahead and ordered custom braided lines from Inline Tube.

$80 to my door.

Cheers, Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts