Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve converted my 67 with new rear disc conversion from drums from Right Stuff. I’ve also installed new stainless lines, Wilwood MC with 1” bore, New 8” Dual Diaphram Booster and Wilwood Adjustable Proportioning Valve. Problem is that I can get good flow from rear calipers. Even bought a Motive Power Bleeder and was able to get some fluid out of rear but not enough to engage calipers. Fluid coming out like crazy at rear banjo bolts while depressing brake. Been at this for a month now and need help?? Thinking maybe didn’t adjust E- Brake properly???

·
14,698 Posts
Adjust ebrake 1st or it will never work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did adjust E Brake but not sure if I did it right?? Tire turns freely when not engaged and locks up when E Bake is depressed.

·
14,698 Posts
With ebrake not engaged adjust until wheel locks up and back off just enough to spin with very slight drag.

If spinner freely it’s not correct.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try and re adjust. Thanks. Another thing I was wondering was how much free play should brake booster rod have from MC valve?? Maybe I have too close??

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
0.020"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. So I’ve adjusted E brake and set booster pin to 0.02” and still barely any rear brakes. Funny thing is the pedal is quite hard when engine not running but as soon as I start vehicle the vaccine causes brake pedal to go to floor almost. Could this be all due to the new brake booster I installed not working properly ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve even bypassed adjustable proportioning valve to make sure this wasn’t the issue. Any more suggestions to try??

·
14,698 Posts
Fluid leak?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts