Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Mine are staggered. I worked with an engineer at Lokar for a while trying to solve the issue. You cannot use the stock parking brake cables. The kit they came up with was from an older T-Bird. Two shielded cables with a bracket and yolk that you can connect to the stock front cable. One comes from the front and one curls around and pulls from the rear. Been working very well for years. Lokar : Emergency Brake Cables

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Ok, I finally found the time to go to my cousins house to check on his rear disk brakes. As it turns out both of his bleeder screws are actually facing pretty much straight forward. He does have a left and right side caliper, and they are both mounted on the back side of his axle housing. It has been so long since we installed the kit that we just could not remember how everything was left and installed years ago. I called Speedway Motors and they did have records of purchasing the kit. The caliper design was actually taken from a 1971 to 1985 Cadillac Seville. I do recall replacing the two emergency brake cables with a longer set. The 55 Chevy Belair factory emergency brake cables were too short due to mounting the calipers on the rear side of the axle housing. I took my brake bleed pressure tank shown below with me. This brake bleed pressure tank kit sure does make brake bleeder simple. No more having to pump your brake pedal. Believe me it is worth every dollar that you pay for this kit. The master cylinder cover shown in this kit is the actual cover I used to bleed the brakes. That cover will fit most if not all of the Chevy master cylinders. The only thing I recommend is replacing the clear plastic hoses that come with the kit with the regular black fuel line pressure hoses. They will last a life time. These clear plastic hoses will eventually burst when they get old. So, I bled all for wheels, got the brakes working. Sorry for the confusion. At my age of 72, and my cousin at 79, our memory is just not what it use to be. Thank you all for your support. It is greatly appreciated, Tommy.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts