Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got aftermarket power discs on the front of my 69 SS. I'd like to put discs on the Leafspring rear. Does anyone know what's the cheapest way to get all the parts? and where? i.e. 80 to 85 cadillac calipers, rotors, what about the caliper holders?, I understand these brakes are the coolest (used by Classic Performance products) because of the E-brake being easy to hook up.

I shouldn't need to change the Power brake booster, right?

Turn key bolt on estimates are from $600 to about $800.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
89-92 camaro rear brakes. you can assemble that setup for around $500. it uses aluminum pbr calipers with built in parking brakes. far better setup than the cadillac brakes. you can get the parts for it from GM dealerships and parts houses

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
oh yeah, this is the same brake system baer brakes uses. I believe they call it the track system. they sell it for around $800

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just recently put 78 Seville Cad Brakes on the back of my 64 Nova and have had good luck so far. I have had none of the problems associated with these brakes as others have. I used 81 Trans Am rotors. Everything I have came from the junkyard. Prop valve came from the T/A as well. HTH,

Tim

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello, we actually sell the Classic Performance Products rear kits and overall we have good feedback. Our kits are also complete with Ebrake cables, axle hardlines, ect...everything you need to bolt in on! You will also need to convert to a 4 wheel disc master cyl and prop valve!

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts