Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 1.5" lowering blocks in my 69 with multi leafs. After 3 adjustments, I am off by 1/4" in of being square. I measured from the bottom of the quarter, they are original quarters. What is the tolerance on alignment?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
How are you making adjustments? I would also not be using the quarters but rather tram points n the frame, use the holes to see if your square.

A thrust alignment is what will make it go straight down the road. When you align something like the subframe an 1/8" is something to shoot for but a 1/4" is not that far off.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
How are you making adjustments? I would also not be using the quarters but rather tram points n the frame, use the holes to see if your square.

A thrust alignment is what will make it go straight down the road. When you align something like the subframe an 1/8" is something to shoot for but a 1/4" is not that far off.
My rear end is square but I have more room on one side than the other. Sooo...dont adjust based on the quarter panels. ^^^^

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have "re-adjusted" it 3 times and it is in the same place. The locator bolt and lowering block are in the same place and the springs have not been adjusted. It might be square! I will measure differently. I also changed from 15" rally wheels to foose 17" knuckles with 255 and 225 40 tires. My biggest concern it the pulling to the right.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Take it for a test drive and have someone follow you. The car may not pull but it may look from behind like the rear end is trying to get around the front and you won't feel that behind the wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts