Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 camaro wih 205 35 20 rz tire with a 2 inch drop on the rear moved springs in board with some after market coil overs i jack my rear end in in the air & noticed that my new wheels were wobbleing back & forth what could this be? I do want to ad that I moved my axel foward on one side & the side that had no wobble had wobble & the other side is now worse please help

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
The wheel should fit pretty snuggly over the center hub of the axle. If you don't tighten the bolts correctly you can get the wheel on crooked and cause a wobble. I suspect it's your technique and has little to do with the axle adjustments you've made.

I usually run all the lug nuts down until they contact the wheel before tightening them in a skip pattern. I'd also recommend inspecting the end of the axle and back of the wheel to make sure there is no rust or debri that could cause the wheel not to fit snuggly to the end of the axle.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Bent rims and / or bent axles? If assocoiated with some kind of noise, i'd lean toward an axle. I had one bent on an 8.2 10 bolt. Replaced with moser axles, and all is fine now.

joe c

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply look like when i bougt the rims back from the shop in bags brand new I found stick on weights stuck to the bag this might just be my problem thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts