Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what ratio a 67' camaro coupe with a PG and staight 6 would have for a rear gear ratio? assuming a performance rear was optioned.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin, i couldnt find the codes, where are they stamped at. the rear's pretty greasy so its had to find the numbers.
i havent counted the turns ethier, i should, but its not a very accurate way to find out. i was just wondering becuase i wanted to know how big the difference would be between that and 4.11's.

·
11,298 Posts
Brian, the numbers are stamped on the pass side axle tube on the front side, midway from side to side and in the center of the tube, up and down. There should be a 2 letter code followed by a date code. And then a G. If it was a posi, there would be an E (or maybe other letter) under the date code. Counting the turns would prove if the original gears are still in there.

For your application, a 2.56 should be the econo and 3.08 would be the perf. Either way the 4.11s would be a big difference.

Did you find another rear?

Kevin

·
11,298 Posts
Brian, if your 67 was not an RS and/or no A/C, then the std ratio was 2.73 (PW code), otherwise it was a 3.08 (PA code). The perf option was 3.55 (PH code for posi).

I emailed you a gear ratio chart.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by KevinW (edited 12-21-2001).]

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Kevin, I did find a deal on another rear, but nothings set in stone yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts