Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing the old harness and getting ready to install new....do I need to keep the wiring inside the rubber/plastic dry rotted sheath? Can you buy a new one? Figure the answer is yes, but thought I'd ask anyway as I'd like to rip it out.

BTW, while I'm here....under the dash (replaced this wiring as well.....fun) there are 2 green wires that come from the firewall and clip to a metal "pole" behind the dash cluster. I can't figure out what it is...and therefore what connection from the new wiring kit go to it. I'm thinking neutral safety switch or reverse switch. Any thoughts? I can grab a pick...just being lazy at the moment.

Thanks

JD

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Most guys use the new corregated tubing that you find in new vehicles. You do need to keep those wires in some sort of a chafe resistant conduit of some sort.

As for the green wires, they don't ring a bell. There are a few different green wires in various shades. Perhaps someone will recognize your description. Otherwise, a bit better description of the color, the connector, etc. would be helpful. A picture would be fantastic.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Get yourself a roll of harness tape. You can pick it up at most parts houses; Rick's, CI, NPD. Don't use electrical tape because it'll make a sticky mess if you ever have to pull it back off. I used the harness tape & corrugated tubing on the rear harness for extra protection.
The green wires you are talking about are for the manual transmission back-up lights.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get yourself a roll of harness tape. You can pick it up at most parts houses; Rick's, CI, NPD. Don't use electrical tape because it'll make a sticky mess if you ever have to pull it back off. I used the harness tape & corrugated tubing on the rear harness for extra protection.
The green wires you are talking about are for the manual transmission back-up lights.
Thanks on the backup lights...that was my thinking but couldn't find anything to document it. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts