Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a replacement hat shelf recently. I got as far as pulling the rear seat out and decided to rethink what I was doing. It appears that I will have to remove/loosen the lower rear of the headliner. Is this the case?

I'm thinking about just going over my old shelf with some black paste shoe polish.
My old shelf is in great shape except for the uneven black finish. I'm thinking that the shoe polish would be a lot easier that trying to mask and paint with a rattle can.

Your thoughts?

Fred

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Just the rear seat comes out. The package tray (hat shelf) just slides in under the metal trim.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An additional problem is that the rear speakers have been mounted directly to the old hat shelf.

·
Registered
110 Posts
if you have a new package tray cover than install the speakers to the metal structure below it. The package shelves come with or without the speaker holes and if you got the one without you can cut the holes in the new one and place your speaker grilles on top of the package shelf.

·
Registered
993 Posts
the package tray should come right out. as for the shoe polish, do you really want your interior smelling like shoe polish? i just did this two months ago. it was pretty straight-forward. you'll love the results with a new one. i live in elk grove and work at travis, so pm me if you need any help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts