Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just install a 1/2 spacer with longer studs? I know they make the bolt on kind also. I was wondering how safe it would be though.????

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
1/2" seems to be a lot for "slip on" spacers, and not enough for "bolt on"?
If you go that far, you'll need longer studs.

Can you get by with 1/4" or even 3/8"?

Have you tried "adjusting" the rear end position, either in the perches or at the front spring eye's?

Mine was off 1/2" before I put the new rear in, now it's is off a 1/4", I think that is pretty normal for many of these cars.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I may be able to go a little smaller, well see. I installed Hotchkis rear springs. Everything is tight and and where it's supposed to be. I don't know why It's that far off, but it is. I have 6" from mounting surface to inner well on the drivers side and 6 1/2" on the pass side. With a 9.5 rim and 5.5 backspace it's gonna be tight on the drivers side. I saw some billet spacers at jegs that were 1/2". I would replace the sstuds if needed.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I have 6" from mouting surface to inner well on the drivers side and 6 1/2" on the pass side. .
I may have to stick my tires back on, you're making me nervous. When I first read your post, I stuck a straight edge on the new rear DISK (a few inches inboard of the mounting flange!!) and got 6 1/2" on the drivers side and 6 3/4" on the pass side. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have to stick my tires back on, you're making me nervous. When I first read your post, I stuck a straight edge on the new rear DISK (a few inches inboard of the mounting flange!!) and got 6 1/2" on the drivers side and 6 3/4" on the pass side. :confused:
Why did it make you nervous? I have drums. Maybe the disc make a difference??? Your still 1/4 off.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Yes, but we're both near 6 1/2", and I'm measuring from the surface of the rear disk, some 2 1/2" inboard of the mounting flange!!!

oh well, manana will do, I have a terrible cold and I think my wife misses me after I was out of town for 3 days 2 nights this week, she keeps suggesting stuff we should do together! Maybe I should suggest we put my front suspension back together together?

nevermind, bad idea....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts