Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO PULL THE WIRING THROUGH THE REAR PANEL WITHOUT DAMAGING THE LIGHT SOCKET?? OR DOES IT COME APART FROM THE SOCKET ..?? I AM READY TO CUT THIS THING. PERHAPS A FEW BEERS WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM:thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
You have to unplug the wire in the trunk. Then find the rubber plug that passes through the trunk floor that the wire is in. I think it is somewhat hidden by the brace for the rear tail pain. Next you have to carefully remove plug and that will allow the wire to pass through the hole where the plug was.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
DAMN!!!!! And I just cut mine the other day (got frustrated) if I only waited a few days to read this lol............................007

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Be sure to hang on to it! It's very tough to find original GM lamps without the wires cut. Also, the repops and the current GM NOS ones are subtly different than the originals. If you look at the holes in the 'feet' where the screws fasten the lamp housing to the bumper, the holes on the 67 lamps are centered. The holes on the newer ones are offset. The offset ones might be correct for a 69, but I don't think they are correct for a 67. The diffence is very noticable if you know what to look for. The color of the wire and the rubber grommet are not correct on a lot of the repops also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts