Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to do some of the wiring work on my '69 project car. I need new sockets for the rear lights - some need replacing and some are missing. I'm not sure what to buy, because I don't know what each light is. Can someone identify the lights for me?? Which is turn, brake, tail, etc.?

. .

[Tail/Stop & Sig]--[Backup]--[Tail/Stop & Sig]

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Brian, Have you looked at Factory fit wiring harnesses? For the back harness its about 120.00 bucks for the harness. No need for cutting and splicing wires if you get that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I am thinking about just getting a new harness. It's a former race car, I am rewiring the whole car and I don't have the connector to plug the harness into. Can I get a blank connector that I can wire up myself, then plug the light harness into it?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
If you just go for new sockets, there's way too many replacements out there that don't fit right. They fsall out of the housings constantly. A while back, cfunk started a thread on this, and he found some that are readily available in certain parts stores and fit right and don't fall out. A search will find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts