Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my lights work except both rear markers replaced the bulbs and checked the sockets with test light and they both have power. Put the bulbs in the front and they're fine. I don't understand it. Any suggestions, if the sockets have power and bulbs are good what is the deal? The only thing I did was scotch lock off the the tail lt wire for inboard bulb since the car was not an original RS. But like I said previously the sockets have power. Must be ground issue how do I test that? I'm stumped! SS

·
Registered
523 Posts
Take a piece of wire. With the running lights on, touch one end to the light bulb base right where it meets the glass. Touch the other end of the wire to a good clean frame ground. See if that makes the light come on.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I would look for a ground issue. In checking for power, a false ground is made between the power source and the meter. If it has power, ground the meter to teh same ground the socket uses or to one that is part of the socket. If there is no power to the light using the sockets ground, it is a ground problem. Don't ask me how I learned about false grounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts