Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am considering putting my antenna in the optional rear location. I have all new sheet metal all around so i don't have any holes to begin with. so i have the dimension of the hole but the assembly manual doesn't give me a clear dimension for the hole from the rear of the car it gives me 28.94 P.V. not sure what the P.V. means if anybody knows the correct location it would be greatly appreciated. thanx

·
Registered
228 Posts
the antenna hit the spoiler if the car was factory equiped with it , that was why the made a stencil that put the antenna farther up on the 1/4 , not correct for a restoration but would work with the rear spoiler , I have had people that used the later stencil say that mine was in the wrong place , I would decide whether or not a spoiler would be used before I did any drilling ,

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have the antenna on the rear with the spoiler and it just touches. What I did was to tilt the antenna out just enough to clear the spoiler. The anternna really does look better on the rear.
P.S. Even thou it was only for the AM radio, I use it with the AM/FM.

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
The one on my convertible is just about even with the trunk opening seam and slightly in board of centered between the trunk lip and the fender edge - that said I have no idea if it's in the "correct" location. I don't have a spoiler.
Back in the day it was very common for the radio to be dealer installed. I don't remember that I installed any Camaro antennas (at least not 67-69) when I was working at a Dealership but, I installed way to many to count on Full size's, Chevelle's, Trucks and Vega's/Monza's and the Toyota's we sold - and I never used the templates or dimensions in the instructions. We just found the easiest place to drill and run the lead on the cars and went with that location from then on. I would imagine that some of this went on before my day on the Camaro's also.

[This message has been edited by Vintage 68 (edited 05-20-2002).]

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
So what does the P.V. mean?

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went through the same type of thing went I got my car painted. I ended up just installing a powered antenna inside the car, right by the top of the windshield. It gets great reception, and is unnoticable really. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is about to cut a hole in their fender. The product is called a hide-a-way antenna, and is made my Custom Autosound. The site is http://www.customautosound.com

------------------
67 Pro-touring Camaro-327, 9:1, Comp XE268 Cam, Perf. RPM Intake. 750 Holley, Sportsman II Heads, Ceramic coated headers, 700R4 trans, 17" Amer. Racing TT2's, 12" disc brakes, custom stereo, black with white stripes, cowl ind. hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.