Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
There is a piece of jute that goes under there. Available from all the suppliers for a cost of about ten bucks.

I didn't use it myself. I used some "B-Quiet" sound deadener in it's place. I wanted to quiet the car as much as possible.

Rick.

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
I second the sound/ heat deadening idea. Sure helps contain my a/c in summer too.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Dan, I have a brand new jute pad for the package tray still in the wrapping. It's yours if you want it. I can mail it to you or I can bring it to you in the next week or so.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dan, you have me curious on what all you are doing with the POR-15 and the new interor and package tray, etc., etc.

How bout some in progress photos??

Randy

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim, I appreciate the offer. Let me know how much the shipping will be and I'll pay you for it. I have a new package tray in it now and tonight I got it ready to put in. I might have messed up because I am putting in new speakers and the grilles had to be mounted on top of the tray. Oh well, if I don't like the looks of it I can always order another new one. The grilles are very nice black ones and I know that is not original but they are some real kickin' speakers!

67RSM3 I have taken out the entire interior. I have por'd the floor pans, getting the front seats redone and will intall new carpet and pillar post pads. I have it almost ready to go back together. Do a search on POR 15, floor pans, and rust in interiors and body shop and check out the pics I have posted. This is the only thing that needed to be done to really complete the car. I will eventually repaint some day but won't do that until I have saved some more money!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Dan, I will be in Rolla and Salem next Wednesday. I can bring it along and drop it off at your office. As for the package tray, the one I put in is the aftermarket one with the speaker holes precut and covered with black mesh. You don't know there are speakers in there until you get up real close and look in the back window. I will take a picture of it and e-mail it to you.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
stingr69: What can be "fun" about installing the package shelf jute? How about the rear seat trunk divider jute? Are these difficult installations?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Gary,
The thickness of the materal can make installing the package tray a little bit more difficult. No biggie for most guys. I cut mine for speakers after it was in place. The jute was a pain when I drilled holes for the speaker grills. It likes to wrap around the drill bit if it gets a chance. Same thing when you go to install the screws for the speakers. I know this setup is not technicaly correct but it is "period correct" which is where I am going on this car. I have struggled with jute for more years than I want to remember. I almost left it out this time ;)

The rear bulkhead divider board had the jute on it already if I remember right and it was no problem at all to install.

-Mark.

·
Registered
580 Posts
FWIW, I just replaced the shelf on my kid's blue coupe. I bought the jute padding, but ended up leaving it out because I have a set of 6x9's mounted back there.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Thanks. I think that I can handle it. I have no rear speakers. This is a bare bones, manual steering, AM radio car!
:D
Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Several guys have mentioned that their rear shelf package tray/speaker set-up is not original (i.e., factory). Can anyone explain to me how the package tray, jute pad, and rear speakers appeared from the factory?

Preston

1 - 14 of 14 Posts