Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been awhile since I posted last. I did a search but couldn't find anything on this. I'm relocating the rear shocks on my 67. I'm going to fab my own shock mount bar along the lines of CE one. I've done this before on my stock cars so I'm familar with how it works. Has anyone been able to run tailpipes with this setup? I don't want my exhaust to end at the mufflers. I want to use the 2 1/2 inch american thunder flowmaster kit. Do you guys think this will work?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Racer - I used the CE crossbar to relocate my shocks and I have the American Thunder 2.5 dual exhaust installed. It fit fine. This was on a '69.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Racer - here's the only one I could find and it really doesn't show the exhaust much. It does show the relocated shocks. If I can find the time this weekend, I'll try to take a better shot.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The underside of your car is very clean! Looks like you still have decent room between the gas tank and the shock mount bar. That was a concern I had too. I have a new gas tank to install so the old one is out of the car now which should make welding easier. I also bought and installed these afco spring plates that have the shock mounts built in.

http://www.secureperformanceorder.com/afcostore/getproduct.cfm?CategoryID=14&ClassID=180&SubclassID=855&ProductID=1015

I'll be fabbing the upper mount bar this weekend. Thanks again for the pic!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts