Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '67 Vert and can't figure out how to change out the rear shocks. I haven't been able to find where the top is mounted. Keep in mind, I have a power top that is in the down position right now waiting for me to finish the electrical upgrades. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Open your trunk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked in the truck and didn't see it. Not trying to sound stupid, but is it really in there and I missed it? The way the "current" shock is positioned, its aimed towards the area that the top goes in to. Thanks for the help!!

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
2 things, it's a '67 (non staggered shocks) and a vert, the top well is where you want to be. You need the top in the up position to get at the upper shock bolt on both sides. Now if the '67 is like the '69 the shock mounts to a diamond shaped plate that is bolted to the car. You can remove the plated from under the car. Follow the shock up to where it's mounted and you should find 2 bolts on either side of where the shock is attached.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help... will have to wait til next weekend and get the top back up (waiting to finish running new wires). Thanks again for the help!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts