Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a weird issue with my rear tail lights. They work for stopping, and turn signal but only come on steady for 4 way flashing. Everything worked fine until now (not sure when it happened, recently or why). The fronts work correctly when I turn the 4 way flasher on and the rears only come on and steady. Go out when I turn the 4 way flasher off. I am running digitail LEDs for the front and rear. I also have LED flashers installed. just wondering if I have a bad 4 way switch (in the column, Ididit column). Any help would be appreciated!

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Often emergency flasher issues are either routed in the hazard switch itself or the brake switch.

·
Registered
Wylie, TX - Lee
208 Posts
It does seem that the blinker/4-way switch is the most likely culprit. You might try unplugging one of the tail lights and back probing the corresponding blinker wire at the steering column connector to see if it is blinking or steady state. If it's blinking then plug the tail light back in and check again. That will at least narrow the problem down some.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Did you change both flashers?

On my 67 (and I think 68 and 69 are the same), there are two flashers; one for the turn signals, and one for the 4 way. If memory serves me, the flasher for the turn signals is the one that plugs into the fuse box, and the emergency (4 way) flasher is under the dash, to the right of the steering column. If you run your hand below the dash, to the right of the steering column towards the radio, you will feel it. It is held in place by a two pronged clip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts