Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new rear tail light wiring harness and when I insert the tail light housing it sparks. 1157s are installed correctly so I think it’s a ground issue. Wiring diagram doesn’t show how the system is grounded and I followed back to under the dash and didn’t see any grounds. The brake switch is out so Im not sure if the system is grounded through it. New switch was ordered. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
I have a new rear tail light wiring harness and when I insert the tail light housing it sparks. 1157s are installed correctly so I think it’s a ground issue. Wiring diagram doesn’t show how the system is grounded and I followed back to under the dash and didn’t see any grounds. The brake switch is out so Im not sure if the system is grounded through it. New switch was ordered. Any thoughts?
I would think if it sparks it is grounded. As in no spark no ground. I think they are grounded through the housing to the body.

·
14,960 Posts
What year is the car the 6768’s are different than the 69’s

Reactions: yellow69RS

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car is a 67 I unplugged and replugged in the wiring harness now the left blinkers work but when I turn on the right both side blink like the hazards are on.

·
14,960 Posts
Car is a 67 I unplugged and replugged in the wiring harness now the left blinkers work but when I turn on the right both side blink like the hazards are on.
Grounding issues

Reactions: CantRepeat

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
By design these taillights ground thru the socket to the taillight housing. As Vegas has said check the ground or run a wire separately from the socket to ground.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts