Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the largest tire wheel combination that I can fit in the stock rear fenderwells of a 67 camaro. I have Hotchkis multileafs with a 1.5 " drop............

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Re: Rear tires and wheels

My back rims on my 68 are 18x9 with 275/40/18 tires. My understanding is that's the biggest (widest) you want to go regarding the tires. You may get away with 9.5 inch rims with same tire but that's about it. It's pretty tight in there right now...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Here is my 67 with a 18 x 9.5 with 5.75 BS and 265/40/18's....you can go as big as a 275 but that is about it (safely) on a factory tub.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
class67, I am considering 18x9.5. Do you know your distance from your hub face to the inner fender skirt? I am trying to determine my backspace . I have a very similar stance. I am wondering if I should go with a 5.5 or 5.75. Do you get any tire rub under hard cornering or bumps? Judging by that nice paint your not rubbing on the outside!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Trackman....I do not know the distance but I would go with the 5.75 BS (JMO) unless you can or have rolled your fender lips, then the 5.5 would probably be ok. And yes, I have no problems with rubbing at all, then again, my suspension is pretty stiff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts