Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have installed Ride Tech's 4-link rear suspension in my '69 camaro. I mocked everything up last week to tack-weld the Ride-Tech brackets tot the top of the rear axle housing. When I did the tack welds, I made sure the car was at ride height, the pinion angle was set and that the wheels were centered within the frame of the car. After tacking the brackets in place, i took the axle out and brought it to a real welder to finish the job. Today, I am mocking everything up again before I bring the housing to powder coat. I am seeing that the driver's side wheel is about 1/4 inch farther to the left when compared to the passenger side wheel.

Is there an adjustment to this that I am unaware of?

If not, is 1/4" off center acceptable?

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
new quarter panels? if you are hanging a plumb bob off the quarters just remember not all are the same. i would take more internal measurements like axle flange to frame rail and so on

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Fairly common. You can make a very slight adjustment of the upper bar lengths to center it.

Don

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! The internal measurements look closer. I was very careful when setting it all up. I have the feeling when I cinch everything down, it will fall into place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts